- When we recycle, we also save energy that is created using non-renewable resources such as coal and oil.
- Recycle helps conserve landfill space. Everything that goes to landfill, stays there. Thus, if we can keep all recyclables out of the landfills, we may conserve the space and keep air and water cleaner since the waste in landfill releases the greenhouse gas methane and emit pollution to air and water.
- Recycling just ONE aluminum can saves enough energy to power a television for three hours.
- Recycling may also save renewable resources, such as water and trees. A researcher found that if half the amount of paper used in the United States is recycled, we can save up to 705 million trees.
- A recycling facility creates 5 times more job opportunities than garbage collection and landfill management agencies.
- Using recycled products also reduce pollution. Products made using recycled rather than raw materials use significantly less energy, which translates into less burning of fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas. When burned, these fuels release pollutants, such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide.
Now you know what are the benefits of recycling, therefore let's start to recycle !